Opengl not on system

01-11-2021 04:20 PM
Labels (1)
GeorgeDurkee1
New Contributor III

Hi: I'm setting up to teach Arc Pro in a couple of weeks. I asked the class to run a system check to see if their home computers will run it. One student got the message: "OPENGL ARB CLIP CONTROL EXTENSION .... is required. It's shown as not on his computer.

In the great scheme of things, what does this mean. Will Pro install? Will graphics work slowly or not at all? There's a 3D component to the lesson but I can work around that if necessary.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.

George

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

There is a system check that ESRI put out for minimum requirements to run ArcPro where the bar has been raised from ArcMap.  Just meeting the minimum requirements might not be enough now as per many threads on GeoNet.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.7 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

The link on that page should be run. 

If their computer's don't meet the bare minimum then you will have issues.  

The "Recommended" specs should be considered the minimum if you are doing anything analytical.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
GeorgeDurkee1
New Contributor III

Thanks to you and @MichaelVolz . I think you're right that the system check utility doesn't truly reflect a machine's ability to effectively run Pro. I started with 8GB RAM and was labeling a large set of streets. It took about 4 minutes -- a bit frustrating. Increased to 16 and reduced it to seconds. Anyway, I'm trying to get the school to find a few laptops otherwise I'll continue to teach the class in Arc 10.  We've got a bunch in the GIS lab but, of course, campus is closed... .

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
HumphreyGaliwango
New Contributor

Where can I install "OPENGL ARB_CLIP_CONTROL EXTENSION" from, please?

0 Kudos