One Way Replication using Archiving

Jump to solution
08-26-2021 11:07 AM
JimWilliams
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am looking to do a one-way replication, we currently have just Archiving enabled for all the feature classes/tables and they all have GlobalIDs. This is going from a SDE SQL database to a file geodatabase.I keep getting a "ERROR 000769: cant create replica because none of the data can be replicated."

Is this because you have to have versioning enabled? The documentation is not very clear it makes it sound like you can do one-way replicas with only archiving enabled?

regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There are 2 requirements for geodatabase replication - the database user must have write access to the data and all data must be registered as versioned with traditional versioning.  I suspect this is the issue.  You can test it by registering a single feature class as versioned and create a one way replica with the single feature class.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There are 2 requirements for geodatabase replication - the database user must have write access to the data and all data must be registered as versioned with traditional versioning.  I suspect this is the issue.  You can test it by registering a single feature class as versioned and create a one way replica with the single feature class.