Newbie question - Checkboxes for imported CSV file

Jump to solution
10-08-2019 11:52 PM
MarcusPercival1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Am new to ArcGis and am using ArcGis Pro. I am importing a csv file containing multiple suppliers for different categories of goods. To illustrate I have attached an example (in excel for demonstrative purpose). The column Module contains 40 different classes and I want to import the csv file and be able to select each module independently by a check box in Contents pane. When I import XY Point I can differ each module in Symbology but not select individual Modules.

Probably a very simple solution but cannot find it. Any help very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marcus.  The Split By Attributes tool will let you separate the rows and the XY Table to Point tool will create point features.  Data Interoperability extension would do it one step too if you have that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marcus.  The Split By Attributes tool will let you separate the rows and the XY Table to Point tool will create point features.  Data Interoperability extension would do it one step too if you have that.

MarcusPercival1
New Contributor II

Hi Bruce, really sorry for late reply! Thank you this worked really well !!

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Marcus - if you found Bruce's response to answer your question, consider marking it correct!

MarcusPercival1
New Contributor II

done! Thank you for pointing it out