Network Dataset cannot support Traffic?

Jump to solution
03-04-2021 05:53 PM
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi all geog folks 🙂

I am stuck in with making the network dataset - using traffic option in properties.

It keeps showing the message "The network dataset was not created to support traffic"

hm_stella_1-1614909207695.png

Does Anyone know about this issue or any solutions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Stella,

After searching I found this

GISZONE_1-1615450419701.png

So I suggest you

If you have an old network dataset with traffic data just create template from that network dataset Create Template From Network Dataset (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation and then you can create network dataset from template.(Create Network Dataset From Template (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

GISZONE_2-1615450513994.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Stella,

After searching I found this

GISZONE_1-1615450419701.png

So I suggest you

If you have an old network dataset with traffic data just create template from that network dataset Create Template From Network Dataset (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation and then you can create network dataset from template.(Create Network Dataset From Template (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

GISZONE_2-1615450513994.png

ATFerguson
New Contributor II

Does anyone perhaps have a template XML that they could share? I tried to create a template from the Network Analyst Tutorial data (SanFrancisco.gdb/Transportation/Streets_ND), but I got an error about my feature dataset lacking the Restricted Turns layer type. I tried to manually edit the XML, but I wasn't able to get it to work. 

Also, does anyone know if Templates created from ArcMap can be used in Pro? Online documentation appears to suggest that historical traffic is only supported in the creation of Network Datasets on ArcMap. I don't currently have it installed on my machine, but if there is compatibility, I could go ahead and discuss my download use-case with my IT department. Of course, I can test this out and provide an update if this goes unseen or the answer is unknown.

RavenSchmidt
New Contributor III

Same Problem here. Would like to use this functionality, but no way to create a ND that supports traffic...
traffic-XML... anyone?

0 Kudos