Need to notify if a tool is changed from a custom maptool

03-29-2021 10:06 AM
Labels (1)
JeffSauder
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for an event that would fire in a maptool if another tool is selected.  In this case, I have a maptool that works with a dockpane to enter features, but if the user selects another tool, they will lose the features they put in (I'm not sure if the maptool disposes when you select another tool, or if the features remain, but when the maptool is selected again, it starts over).  So I need an event that the custom tool is disposing, or something like that if they select another tool, then notify them that they need to save the features or discard them.  Better yet, if there is a way that they can choose another tool, then come back to the custom maptool and pick up where they left off, that would be ideal, but I don't know if it's possible.

Note: This is not being done in an edit operation, I want the user to be able to enter the points in, the app will calculate the point values, and when they click Save the edit operation will be created and all edits will be written to the database.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies