Select to view content in your preferred language

My Python Window in ArcGIS Pro is not working

05-24-2018 10:48 AM
BinhLe2
Occasional Contributor

After upgrading to 2.0 or so, on my lap top. I noticed my Python window in ArcGIS Pro is not interactive. I can open it but it is a solid window, with no prompts. There is nothing to interact with...This is on my laptop, HP ZBook. I have no problems on my desktop.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and found a fix? I did a fresh install of ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. My video driver is up to date. 

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BrianLomas
Frequent Contributor

Has this been solved? I upgraded to ArcGIS pro 2.2.4 yesterday and lost my python prompt in the python window. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Brian, you're question prompted some sleuthing.  It looks like if I'm not mistaken Andrew Oldham‌ did call in to tech support.  I won't share any details of his network and OS etc. that I can see in the case details - will leave that up to him to post back to the thread with what he would like to share here.

Brian, I would encourage you to contact Technical Support to troubleshoot this issue.  We don't see anything that indicates there is a fix needed in the software.  It might have to do with specifics of network, OS, antivirus, etc.  I don't have a quick answer on this thread.  

Maybe we'll hear something from Andrew, Binh Le or even Erick Pound‌.  Otherwise, if you figure something out with Support, please help the community by circling back on this thread.

Esri Support Contact Support 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
BinhLe2
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I received a Windows 10 laptop (HP ZBook) to replace me Windows 7 (HP Zbook). The python window exists now in ArcGIS Pro. I am still not sure why this only happens with a laptop.