Select to view content in your preferred language

Multipatch 3D Workflows to 3D Viewer Online

Jump to solution
07-01-2015 07:03 AM
nicholascarrington
New Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to get multipatch data uploaded to ArcViewer like some of examples seen online.

https://gd3d.esri.com/portal/home/webscene/viewer.html?webscene=d63607c1d9ac45aea7c34aa67d505d5f

I get this message when trying to upload 3D models I use in ArcGIS Pro:

Layer cannot be added:  Multipatch Feature Services are not supported.

I stumbled on something called Data Store:

http://server.arcgis.com/en/data-store/latest/install/windows/what-is-arcgis-data-store.htm

This part is interesting:

‘If your portal's hosting server is registered with ArcGIS Data Store, you can publish multipatch data as hosted scene layers from ArcGIS Pro 1.1 or later releases.’

If anyone has more info or any methods to show 3D models in the online ArcViewer like the example link above would be nice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

ArcGIS Pro 1.0 doesn't support publishing web scene layers. This functionality will be available with ArcGIS Pro 1.1. In order to publish web scene layers, you will need Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 and the ArcGIS Data Store as your active portal as you discovered. Web scene layers cannot be published to ArcGIS Online, previous versions of Portal for ArcGIS, or 10.3.1 portals that do not have ArcGIS Data Store. The link you provided in your post is a good introduction to the ArcGIS Data Store.

Joanne

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

ArcGIS Pro 1.0 doesn't support publishing web scene layers. This functionality will be available with ArcGIS Pro 1.1. In order to publish web scene layers, you will need Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 and the ArcGIS Data Store as your active portal as you discovered. Web scene layers cannot be published to ArcGIS Online, previous versions of Portal for ArcGIS, or 10.3.1 portals that do not have ArcGIS Data Store. The link you provided in your post is a good introduction to the ArcGIS Data Store.

Joanne

0 Kudos