Select to view content in your preferred language

Mulitple Instances of ArcGIS Pro on Multiple Machines

08-23-2017 11:33 AM
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

I was working over the weekend to get a CPU intensive raster analysis done, when I calculated the average time for the processes iterations, it was going to exceed my deadline. So I split the dataset and ran it on a secondary machine through ArcGIS Pro (having two instances of AGP on two machines). I attempt to do a similar workflow this week, after the 2.0.1 patch is released, and now I can only run AGP on one machine at a time. This is extremely disappointing, as I often leave processes running overnight at work, and take a laptop home to do additional work or training in AGP. I understand the limitations of leaving the licensing open to an unlimited instances across unlimited machines, but there should be the ability to use multiple instances across two or three machines.arcgispro1012

11 Replies
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

I had not seen the documentation on the named user licenses use, but until updating with the patch it worked as described in the documentation. Thanks for the link. I will contact support about the issue, and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 yesterday and just now opened 3 simultaneous Pro sessions using my Named User Licensing model on my Instructor laptop.  Sounds like something else is in play here...