Select to view content in your preferred language

Moving a feature class to feature dataset

06-10-2024 09:02 AM
FloraRoy
New Contributor

I am trying to move a feature data class into a feature dataset. They are both within the same File Geodatabase that I have created. The coordinate system and projection is the same (WGS 1984) but I receive an error everytime I try to move it. This is the error I receive when I try:

Screen Shot 2024-06-10 at 11.29.36.png

So I have checked the Properties of the dataset and feature class and found the following:

Feature class properties:

Screen Shot 2024-06-10 at 11.43.21.png

Dataset properties:

Screen Shot 2024-06-10 at 11.42.34.png

The spatial reference looks the same to me.

I have also tried the Import -> Feature Class but that doesn't work. This is the error message I receive when I try to add it to the Feature Dataset:

Screen Shot 2024-06-10 at 12.00.22.png

I'm not understanding the issue here. I am doing this because I want to create a Topology for the feature class. To do that, the feature class has to be within a dataset within a geodatabase. I want to add a Topology to check for overlaps and gaps within my featureclass.
Thankful for any help!

1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Based upon other related Esri Community posts and a few support cases, I'm wondering if there is a difference between the XY tolerances and resolutions between the FC and FDS?  Related question here too.

Compare your FC and FDS tolerances and resolutions.  Do they match?  If not, then this is likely the cause of the error messages.

0 Kudos