Select to view content in your preferred language

move the Measure tool out of the way

Jump to solution
04-24-2023 09:24 AM
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, this may be a silly question but, how do you move the Measure Tool out of the way?

It seem to be stuck in the upper-left part of the View pane, and can only be collapsed? I still want to see it.

...I realize I can pan my map, but I don't want to have to so that. ...Can it just not float or be docked elsewhere?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

When you hover over the Measure tool a transparent gray border appears around the tool. Click and drag that transparent gray area to move the Measure tool around the map. 

JesseWickizer_0-1682355491535.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey

Using AGP 3.1.1. You can reposition the Measure Distance tool rather than panning the Map or minimize the tool while keeping it active; don't see see a float or dock option.

BarryNorthey_0-1682354825797.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

When you hover over the Measure tool a transparent gray border appears around the tool. Click and drag that transparent gray area to move the Measure tool around the map. 

JesseWickizer_0-1682355491535.png

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman

Ah OK, thanks -- that helps some -- though it appears that you still cannot move it off the Map View

BarryNorthey

Using AGP 3.1.1. You can reposition the Measure Distance tool rather than panning the Map or minimize the tool while keeping it active; don't see see a float or dock option.

BarryNorthey_0-1682354825797.png

0 Kudos
JohnWirries
New Contributor II

I would like to see an option to move it off the map window similar to ArcMap.

Bud
by
Honored Contributor
0 Kudos