Select to view content in your preferred language

Modify 'Zoom to Feature' scale

01-10-2019 02:06 PM
MikeByers
New Contributor

First off I am new to this whole ArcGIS system and ArcGIS Pro. Here's the idea. I have a state with all the public colleges/universities located. When I select a campus and the pop up appears, I would like it to zoom to the campus when I press the zoom to feature icon.

Currently, when I select a data point symbol to opens the Pop up with data. I see in the lower right corner there is a 'zoom to this feature' icon. I currently have to press the magnifying glass icon about 10 times to get to the scale/view I want. 

Is there a way to set the scale to zoom in to or set even set it to view a bookmark? What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Works for me...

You are using the navigate tool, so, you should use this button instead of the one on the ribbon to make sure

0 Kudos
MikeByers
New Contributor

That is the magnifying glass button I was pressing. It will zoom in each time I press it but only a little at a time. that means I have to press it 10 times or so to finally get to the zoom level I want. For instance I am viewing a 1:8,000,000, I press the magnifying glass and it zooms in a 1:6,500,000, press it again it zooms to 1:5,000,0000, and so on until I finally get to 1:7,500. I would like it to zoom to 1:7,500 with 1 press of the icon on the current map.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Don't know then, that zoomed in directly for me to the selection I made

Try a Select By (rectangle)    followed by a zoom to selection... I never use that info tool thing generally because of the popup

0 Kudos