modify projection arcgis pro

05-02-2017 01:23 PM
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to change the central meridian of the projection for my map in ArcGIS pro.  How can I do so?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could create a new coordinate system > Add the predefined C.S. and change the desired parameter.

How To: Create a custom projection file with units of feet or meters in ArcMap 

Think Location
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Pro 2.0 BETA Coordinate System

In ArcGIS Pro, right click on the Map and select Properties.  In the Coordinate Systems parameter, click the right Globe+ icon and select New Geographic Coordinate System or New Projected Coordinate System and modify the parameters for the new CS.

GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

Hmmm... it appears that I only have the "import" option.  I'm using ArcPro v1.4

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah I see...with the release of ArcGIS Pro 2.0 in the next month or so, you'll have this functionality.  You could use ArcMap to create a new *.prj and import it into ArcGIS Pro.  Then it would be available in the 1.4 release.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Looking forward to the 2.0 release!!! Is it worth testing out the beta version of it?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I think so - I've been working with the 2.0 BETA for a week now.  Interesting developments - one can open multiple instances of Pro on a single machine, you can open the same *.aprx several times with only one being read/write, enterprise geodatabases as default geodatabase, saving geodata connections between *.aprx's and more.  I like it!

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'm drooling with anticipation with this comment alone:

one can open multiple instances of Pro on a single machine

I'm always kind of hesitant on beta releases but this might be totally worth it!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

python, scipy, matplotlib versions?  still the same

any changes to the anaconda navigator version? or can you install Pro in your own environment yet?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

For ArcGIS Pro 2.0:

Python is 3.5.2

Not sure about Anaconda Navigator version.

Details