Topology Editing in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
01-29-2015 08:47 AM
deleted-user-eL1mKkp8gJc9
New Contributor III

I was wondering what the plan is for implementing topology editing in ArcGIS Pro.

Is there an overall product roadmap somewhere we could watch so we know where our preferred feature is on the development list?

Thanks,

~Stephen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

There was a webinar today on ArcGIS Pro. If I remember correctly, they said they were planning two more updates to Pro this year. Someone did ask about topology. The presenter said they were "actively" working on it, but I don't remember if he said it was planned in one of those two updates. The replay will be available in the next few days if you really want to know.

I would assume they would be hesitant to provide a "roadmap" of sorts, because esri wouldn't want to throw out a time period and fail to meet it. If I recall correctly, the original plan for Pro was to release it alongside 10.3, but that obviously didn't happen.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

There was a webinar today on ArcGIS Pro. If I remember correctly, they said they were planning two more updates to Pro this year. Someone did ask about topology. The presenter said they were "actively" working on it, but I don't remember if he said it was planned in one of those two updates. The replay will be available in the next few days if you really want to know.

I would assume they would be hesitant to provide a "roadmap" of sorts, because esri wouldn't want to throw out a time period and fail to meet it. If I recall correctly, the original plan for Pro was to release it alongside 10.3, but that obviously didn't happen.

LarryYoung
Esri Contributor

As Sean indicated, topology is something that we do have in the plans for a future release of ArcGIS Pro.  There are currently two additional releases of ArcGIS Pro planned for 2015.  We will not be adding any additional support for shared edge editing or working with geodatabase topologies in the next release.  Specific plans for the release after that are still being worked out.

What aspect of topologies are you must interested in seeing supported in ArcGIS Pro?  Shared edge editing or error checking with geodatabase topologies?

thanks, larry

0 Kudos
deleted-user-eL1mKkp8gJc9
New Contributor III

Hi Larry,

Thanks for checking in about this. The reason I was looking for topology in ArcGIS Pro was a more streamlined and user friendly editing workflow. I've got a non-GIS staff member who I want to help me QC and correct a parcel dataset and when I was looking at the workflow in ArcMap it was rather complicated and involved. I was hoping that editing parcels in Pro would be easier (which it is), but it's just lacking the topology piece right now. I suppose that means I'm specifically looking for the error checking piece.

Thanks,

~Stephen

0 Kudos
LarryYoung
Esri Contributor

Got it.  Thanks for the input.

larry

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I ran across this aged post today and thought that I'd provide the current state of things in case anybody runs into this in their quest for knowledge on ArcGIS Pro.

Currently, in ArcGIS Pro 1.4, there are workflows for creating and managing geodatabase topologies.  See Create a topology—Topologies | ArcGIS Desktop 

Most functionality works today with full support for geodatabase topology at Pro 2.0.

Future releases will include a wizard for an improved user experience.

Because there were questions about a "roadmap" for Pro, the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2017/03/05/arcgis-pro-roadmap?...‌ was published earlier this year and will be updated continually.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Geodatabase topologies are fully supported in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 BETA.