Modelbuilder loses track of current data (drop shadow), re-runs tools for no reason.

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 11:03 AM
MikeBuscher
New Contributor II

I'm having an issue where modelbuilder forces me to rerun portions of a model even though I haven't changed anything since a previous tool has been run.  This problem has plagued me for several versions of ArcPro.  What's going on and how to make it stop?  I don't want to rerun some tools that take quite a while, and this is becoming obnoxious.  Three images below illustrate step by step how the drop shadow disappears and I'm forced to rerun a tool in order to continue with what I was hoping to do.

Looking goodLooking goodadd a tooladd a toolconnect output to tool, have to rerunconnect output to tool, have to rerun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeBuscher
New Contributor II

It appears that this may be caused when righting-clicking a tool's output and selecting "Add to Display" after the output is generated.  If this option is selected/unselected, running tools that are further downstream will also rerun the original tool.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeBuscher
New Contributor II

It appears that this may be caused when righting-clicking a tool's output and selecting "Add to Display" after the output is generated.  If this option is selected/unselected, running tools that are further downstream will also rerun the original tool.  

0 Kudos