Model Builder to summarize attributes on a select by attribute query

Jump to solution
10-02-2023 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
LeilaJackson1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - I am working in Pro 3.0.1. I have a model builder that includes a select by attribute step (Subwatershed=Y), and then the next step is to summarize the attributes to provide the sum of scores (PAR) by Project ID on the selection. I would expect only the records included in the selection to be included in the summarize by attributes summary; however, the summarize by attribute process is ignoring the selection and calculating the sum on all records in the layer. The select by attribute step is working. If I do this manually, outside of model builder, it does it correctly. Does anyone have any suggestions why this is occurring? The warning on the Summarize by Attribute step is just that the table already exists.

LeilaJackson1_0-1696280286519.pngLeilaJackson1_1-1696280303422.png

LeilaJackson1_2-1696280321132.png

Best,

Leila

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeilaJackson1

Thanks @MZ23 -

This got me on the right track. As I was using a table, I had to use the Make Table View tool and that worked great.

Best,

Leila

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MZ23
by
New Contributor

Prior to your 'select layer by attribute' tool, did you first use a 'Make Feature Layer' tool? I believe this is needed to create a layer that you can select against. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/make-feature-layer.htm

Somebody more knowledgeable can probably speak to this better, but this was a solution for me in the past with this same issue

0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1

Thanks @MZ23 -

This got me on the right track. As I was using a table, I had to use the Make Table View tool and that worked great.

Best,

Leila

0 Kudos