Select to view content in your preferred language

MMPK: Pro Annotation

Jump to solution
07-06-2017 10:30 AM
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

I see that the new Pro annotation is not yet supported in mobile map packages.  Is that on the road map?

Tags (2)
16 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Joseph,

We need to release the apps on Runtime 100.5, it's difficult to give a precise timeline for when each App (Navigator, Explorer) and OS (Android, IOS, Windows) will be released on ArcGIS Runtime 100.5, but we are actively working on it.

Mark

EricBader2
New Contributor III

Hey Mark!

We have Pro 2.3.2 and Runtime 100.5. We are trying to use Pro to create MMPKs with Annotation Layers, to be used in a 100.5 app, and Pro is giving us the dreaded...

"The layer type is not supported in runtime content:"...<the annotation layer name>

I thought anno was now supported in Runtime 100.5? 

Thanks for any assistance!

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

You have to convert the annotation to Pro annotation.  I use a Python script that creates a file geodatabase and performs the conversion before calling the create MMPK tool.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So if you are a shop that uses both ArcMap and Pro, once you upgrade annotation for this new functionality available in Pro, the annotation will be completely unusable in ArcMap?  Makes it kind of difficult to upgrade without at least read access in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
EricBader2
New Contributor III

Great, thanks Mark. I missed this helpful piece of info in the Help docs. Can you point me to where that resides?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
EricBader2
New Contributor III

Gold, man. Thanks!

0 Kudos