Missing classification options in Reclassify tool?

11-01-2019 12:35 PM
MannyGimond
New Contributor III

In ArcMap, the Reclassify (Spatial Analyst) tool has a Classify menu that offers many predefined classification schemes such as quantile, jenks, etc... In ArcGIS Pro (2.4.1) , the Classify button limits the classification scheme to "equal interval". Are the classification options removed from Reclass, or am I missing a setting? 

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Reclassify—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

What is the classification scheme for the legend in the Contents pane for the raster?

It is somewhat fuzzy from the help, but there seems to be an association between what is there and what appears as the option in the tool

0 Kudos
MannyGimond
New Contributor III

I was working off of a stretched classification scheme in my legend. Per your suggestion, I switched the symbology to classified using a Jenks classification method however, the reclassify tool still limits the method to equal interval.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This idea is open over on ArcGIS Ideas‌ https://community.esri.com/ideas/14816 

You should vote for that.

MannyGimond
New Contributor III

Thanks, Kory. Upvoted.

However, the last suggestion from the Dev team quoted on the Ideas page ("Add image to tool and it will take the values from the renderer") does not seem to be working in my case (version 2.4.2). For example, I've classified a raster (double precision pixels) using Jenks method in the Contents pane, yet the breaks do not carry over to the reclassify tool which still defaults to the equal interval classification (see my last screen grab).

0 Kudos