Select to view content in your preferred language

Microsoft Access database engine 2016

3 weeks ago
-_-
by
Occasional Contributor

After updating Office365 to the latest version, Microsoft Word no longer starts.

I tried various things, such as reinstalling and downgrading the version, and found that if I uninstalled "Microsoft Access database engine 2016 (English)", which I installed to use Excel with ArcGISPro, Word started as if nothing had happened.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are there any solutions?

windows10 pro
Word 16.0.17628.20110
ArcGISPro3.3

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BSBlagojevic
New Contributor III

I have never experienced such behavior, although I just upgraded from MS Office 2016 Professional to MS Office 365 with previously installed Microsoft Access database engine 2016 64 bit. That's why it seems to me that the right address for your question is Microsoft.
Maybe the solution would be to remove ms access dB engine and install MS Office 365 and then to re-install ms access db engine 64 bits (if your office installation is in the same architecture - 64 bit).

0 Kudos
-_-
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I will also ask Microsoft.

>Maybe the solution would be to remove ms access dB engine and install MS Office 365 and then to re-install ms access db engine 64 bits (if your office installation is in the same architecture - 64 bit).

I was unable to install Office 365 unless I uninstalled Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016, so I did this procedure, but it still did not start.

0 Kudos