Member/License

05-17-2021 03:09 PM
OctavioPerez
New Contributor

I have a user who is requesting a profile/login to “GIS Collector” and but when I log into it it shows that I have limited licenses but not sure what this means.

Is it possible to add another user with that currently has a licensed ARC program? Would I have to delete a profile? If so, does that remove any data created by the user profile?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have an organizational account for ArcGIS Online? Are you the administrator?

Please check the total number of members and the available number of members (for each user-type).

Under Organization > Licenses > User Types, check the available licenses

JayantaPoddar_0-1621294839204.png

The available user-types in your organizational account may differ.

ArcGIS Collector license is included (bundled) for Field WorkerCreator, and GIS Professional user types. Please ensure one of these user-types is available. In case any of these user types is not available, you will need to delete one user or change user type of one member to Viewer (or any other available user-type), so that you could make room for another additional user.

If the concerned user is already a member of the ArcGIS Online organization, you may change his/her user-type, as required.

ArcGIS Collector: Requirements 

Think Location
0 Kudos
OctavioPerez
New Contributor

Yes, this is online and I am the admin. 

So I have 4 users (myself included as an admin) but only 3 are valid. I have a total of 7 ArcPro licenses for GIS but not sure how those two relate to each other? 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the concerned user, one of the 3 existing members?

Also a screenshot of the Organization > Licenses > User Types page will give me an idea of the available user-types (like the one I shared).

Think Location
0 Kudos
OctavioPerez
New Contributor

My concern is how to add a user without affecting another user and If I need another license specifically for this role. 

See screenshot.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You have already maxed out Creator user-type licenses. Do you have any available Field Worker user-type?

If not, then you might need to connect with your local Esri distributor to get additional user-types. The alternative would be to delete 02 existing Creators, which is not suggested. 

Think Location
0 Kudos
OctavioPerez
New Contributor

So these are not tied to the ArcPro licenses at all? 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not included within the user-type.

In case ArcGIS Pro licenses are Named user licenses (i.e. managed by ArcGIS Online), they will be Add-on licenses (i.e. you will need to assign ArcGIS Pro license from Add-on Licenses tab). ArcGIS Pro licenses are only included with only GIS Professional User-Type.

Else ArcGIS Pro licenses will be of Concurrent Use or Single Use.

ArcGIS Desktop License Types

Think Location
0 Kudos