Measuring a *.pmf layer in ArcReader

Jump to solution
03-29-2022 10:38 AM
City_Worker
New Contributor

Can someone with access to the ArcPublisher Extension help me unlock a *.pmf file? I have access to ArcGIS Pro, however, without the publisher extension I am unable to open my infrastructure file. Would someone be able to go into Publisher into the ArcReader setting and remove to "Only open in ArcReader" option for me so I can open this file in ArcGIS Pro? I need to measure the extent of our city's water lines and this is an almost impossible task within ArcReader with its measurement tool. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure this is possible.  I am only able to open a .pmf in ArcReader ( or ArcMap if the Only open in ArcReader option is unchecked and unrestricted access in arcgis apps is checked) (I don't see an option to open in Pro).

Only way I see to uncheck/check these is when publishing the pmf itself (which means I either need to be able to open it, or have access to the data and re-publish).

However, when I publish a pmf, by default, it just has pointers to the data, and is not included with/in the .pmf.

If I "package" the data with the publisher extension, it is included in a folder at the same level as the folder holding the pmf file.

If you are able to see the data in ArcReader, it must be available to you somewhere.  Unless something is completely different than my version ArcReader, you  should be able to right click on the layer in the TOC of ArcReader and get properties, the source tab should show you where it is finding/loading the data from and Pro should be able to access it from there.

Hopefully you will have it somewhere,

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure this is possible.  I am only able to open a .pmf in ArcReader ( or ArcMap if the Only open in ArcReader option is unchecked and unrestricted access in arcgis apps is checked) (I don't see an option to open in Pro).

Only way I see to uncheck/check these is when publishing the pmf itself (which means I either need to be able to open it, or have access to the data and re-publish).

However, when I publish a pmf, by default, it just has pointers to the data, and is not included with/in the .pmf.

If I "package" the data with the publisher extension, it is included in a folder at the same level as the folder holding the pmf file.

If you are able to see the data in ArcReader, it must be available to you somewhere.  Unless something is completely different than my version ArcReader, you  should be able to right click on the layer in the TOC of ArcReader and get properties, the source tab should show you where it is finding/loading the data from and Pro should be able to access it from there.

Hopefully you will have it somewhere,

R_

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, this is correctl.. ArcGIS Pro cannot open Published Map Files (.pmf)

0 Kudos