mapping Utility information

12-20-2022 01:56 PM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I have a table of residents utilities information, which contains an address field but some of the addresses are not physical addresses. I also have an address feature class which contains all the residents physical addresses. I would like to copy the Unique Identifier field, which resides in my address feature class over to my Utilities table so I can match Utilities to Address. How can I do this if my Utilities table doesn't have a Lat/Long and addresses in the Utility table are not physical addresses?

I have done a join already matching the ones which have physical addresses but it's the ones that don't have a physical address and don't have Lat/Long I can't map. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GoWest
by
New Contributor III

You need to have a common field between both tables to have a successful join.  It sounds like you are attempting to join based on Address, but the values are not common between both tables because some of the address values are not physical addresses.  I think you need to manually fix the records which do not have not physical addresses.

I would add a new column to your Residents Utilities table and populate this new column with the Unique Identifier from the Address table.  When each record in the Residents Utilities table is populated with the correct Unique Identifier then you should be able to join both tables.

I hope that answers your question.

0 Kudos