Map series

06-17-2019 01:51 PM
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

Why, when in mapseries, you have to manualy always refresh the page via navigate to page each time you make an edition?

Also, each time I select a layout, I have to redo navigate to like if no link is done betwen the layout and the page series.  For me layout 1 is link to page 1, layout 2 to 2 etc.  There is a way to link a layout to a map series pages?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Whether done manually or via code, a refresh is required under the following situations

• Features are added to or deleted from your index layer.
  • Updates are made to the index field values.
  • The map frame extent is changed due to zooming, panning, or change to map scale.

MapSeries—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

Nothing of the above.  I just make annotations change, unplace them, moving or so ever.  Each time, my map get rid of some annotations and I have to again, each time, do a "navigate to" if I want to see them.  In view mode, no problem and, if I do not use map series also.

By the way, do you know how to link a layout to a specific page in a series.  For now, when I change my layout, the extend is from the last layout.  I want to link map series 1 to layout 1, map series 2 to layout 2 and so on.  For now, each time I change layout I have to make again a "navigate to".  Far away from the ease of arcview 3

0 Kudos