Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Series Navigation in Map View

Jump to solution
07-26-2022 08:06 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a process in ArcGIS Pro for quickly navigating between features in a map series within the Map View? Or just a layer in general? I'm curious if there's a process similar to how Data Driven Pages in Data View worked in ArcMap, where you could navigate to the next feature in the DDP list with just one click on an arrow, which was handy for making edits and reviewing features. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, after a bit more digging, I came across this: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/step-through-features-on-a-layer.htm Which is just what I was looking for! You just have to make sure the layer is turned on, otherwise the it won't pan and will only pull up the attributes (as I just found out, haha).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Not sure if this answers your question. Set the Contents pane to List Map Series Page (farthest icon on right) with the map series layout view in focus. There should be toggle button on the bottom or right click a page --> navigate to page.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply! I've played around with that method a little bit, and while it gets me to the extent of the map view, I have to Activate the Map Frame, make an edit, and then Close the Map Frame on each individual page, and then Navigate to the next page. I was hoping there was a method to do that in the Map View without all of those clicks and just navigate to the next feature like you could in ArcMap, but maybe that method is as good as I can get in ArcGIS Pro. The extra clicks just add up when there are hundreds of features to go through. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, after a bit more digging, I came across this: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/step-through-features-on-a-layer.htm Which is just what I was looking for! You just have to make sure the layer is turned on, otherwise the it won't pan and will only pull up the attributes (as I just found out, haha).

BrookeAumann
New Contributor III

Thank you for this workaround, but doesn't work for me. I have many features and I want to edit on a page basis, not an individual per feature per page basis. I just want to use the page query instead of an actual definition query and there doesn't seem to be a way to do what I need.

0 Kudos