Map Series Extent Based on Group

06-16-2022 10:08 AM
Labels (1)
joshstrayer
New Contributor

I am using software version 2.7.2 of ArcGIS Pro.  The map series I have created thus far is of all the Parcels (ex. A.01-0.00-123) in my County grouped by the corresponding Tax Map. The layout is only showing parcel by parcel, and I would rather have the layout show all the parcels within the corresponding Tax Map which is of course much larger and broader (ex. A.01-0.00). There are plenty of manual ways to do this like selecting by attribute of all Parcels that have the corresponding Tax Map number and then activating the map and changing the extent, but I was wondering if there was a more efficient way. Any help would be appreciated and if I need to clarify on anything further to help you answer the question, please don't hesitate to ask!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this! Add an additional map frame pointing to the same map, then set the linked map frame extent constraint with the layer option set to the group layer (Learn more about map frame constraints here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/customizing-your-map-extent.htm). Now your new map frame will show the group layer boundary each time while updating with information on the parcel and you can turn off the original map frame (needed to run the map series). You can use an extent indicator to further highlight the parcel if you want.  

Set up:

AubriKinghorn_0-1655401287272.png

Second page:

AubriKinghorn_1-1655401339813.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions.

Cheers,

Aubri

Cheers,
Aubri
joshstrayer
New Contributor

This is great, thank you so much!

0 Kudos