Map pixelated by triangles

04-21-2021 11:30 AM
Labels (1)
AndrewSnyder
New Contributor

Hi all, 

I have just upgraded my computer to a 2020 MacBook Pro (2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB Memory, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536MB , 1TB) and have re-installed Parallels, Windows, and ArcGIS Pro. 

ArcGIS Pro works perfectly fine except for much of the basemap often being pixelated by large triangles (see attached image). It does not matter which basemap is used and I often have to zoom in and out to get the triangles to mostly disappear. I have confirmed that the triangles do not appear in an exported map, even if they are visible in ArcGIS. 

I've tried searching for this and can't seem to come across anyone else having this issue. I've tried adjusting the graphics settings within Windows 10 and that did not make a difference. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I often share my screen to show maps and this is very distracting. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewSnyder
New Contributor

Update: I found this link https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019368 and followed the steps which solved the issue. I then systematically went through each of the options and it turned out switching to OpenGL is what made the triangles disappear.

0 Kudos