Select to view content in your preferred language

Map is there but is not visible

Jump to solution
01-08-2024 02:49 AM
Labels (1)
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi, I have a very strange issue with arcgis pro (last available version) that is driving me crazy and makes the software impossible to use.

I don't know well how to explain so I attached an image to try to make it clear. The map panel is fully functional but it is grayed out. I can see the basemap is there because it appears in the windows thumbnail and, when I resize the arcgis pro window I can see the map "in the background" for a really short time.

I installed (and reinstalled) arcgis pro several times, and this just fix the problem for the first execution, than the issue raise again.

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi, I find the solution.

Nothing to do with projections and arcgis pro settings. It was all good.

The problem was related to the Rectify 11 package (used to improve the windows 11 user exeperience). It looks like ArcGIS Pro is not compatible with the "Mica for Everyone" theme. Once disabled it, the map pane issue fixed by itself. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

by default, maps are assigned the coordinate system of the first layer added to the map (from project backstage)

you should also be able to right-click on the layer and "zoom to layer"

first.pngfirst2.png

what are your settings?

and what if you don't use a basemap, can you add a featureclass and it shows properly?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi, I find the solution.

Nothing to do with projections and arcgis pro settings. It was all good.

The problem was related to the Rectify 11 package (used to improve the windows 11 user exeperience). It looks like ArcGIS Pro is not compatible with the "Mica for Everyone" theme. Once disabled it, the map pane issue fixed by itself. 

0 Kudos