Managing items in Temp ArcGIS Pro folder??

03-28-2019 06:04 PM
RoryMcPherson
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using Python scripting with an ArcGIS Pro project to read emails and then populate text properties with variables created from the email content. In my case I have been using the exchangelib module. Everything has been working fine until recently, and I cannot determine what has caused things to change.

Now when I run my script I am getting a FileNotFoundError in the the Temp\ArcGISPro directory. It's saying that my exchangelib.cache.username.py36.dat file is missing. To my knowledge this cache file used to be created in each Temp instance of ArcGIS Pro but is no longer being copied or created here.

Searching my system I did manage to find this cache file and copy it into the Temp folder, and then everything worked fine as before. Of course, I don't want to do this every time I open ArcGIS Pro, nor am I sure I even want to be playing around in this folder to begin with.

Any suggestions as to how I could look into this would be appreciated, thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It looks like you asked this about a month ago.  Were you able to get this figured out?

I'm not sure what version you were on when the script was working?  Did you upgrade to a newer version of Pro when it stopped working?

Before 2.0 (I think that was when the change was made) you couldn't have multiple instances of Pro open.  Now, because you can, the ArcGISProTemp<XXXXX> folder should have the process ID.  Something like this:

Does that have anything to do with the script not working?

0 Kudos
RoryMcPherson
New Contributor III

Hi Kory,

Thanks for your response and info about the change with the 2.0 upgrade. I did upgrade Pro to 2.x sometime ago, which could have been when this stopped working correctly though I am not certain.

My issue has something to do with the Temp instance not recreating the exchangelib.cache file that (I presume) used be created there previously each time I opened Pro.

I have thought about doing a full uninstall of Pro and then reinstalling it and the exchangelib python module and seeing if it somehow works again, though I haven't tried yet.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Scratch Folder (Environment setting)—Geoprocessing | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can set one through python if you want

0 Kudos