LRS Metadata. Where to find it using SQL?

Jump to solution
09-19-2022 04:46 AM
Labels (2)
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

Prior, (I can confirm in version 2.8), I could check the LRS metadata using a query to the LRS_METADATA table in a Enterprise geodatabase.

import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET
import arcpy
import os

arcpy.env.workspace = r""
arcpy.env.workspace = r"U:\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\UPDM2018\LIN0228\UPDM2018_DataOwner.sde"

def is_table_in_LRS(tablename):
    with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace, "LRS_METADATA"), ['Metadata']) as cursor:
        for row in cursor:
            raw_metadata = row[0].tobytes()

xml = str(raw_metadata.decode("utf-8"))

root = ET.fromstring(xml)
    event_tables = [elem.get('TableName') for elem in root.iter('EventTable')]
    print(event_tables)
    return tablename in event_tables

res = is_table_in_LRS("MyTable")
print(res)

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.9, I added an event table to my LRS, and tried the script above, but as result i just got the list of event tables without the new one.

after restarting arcgis pro, my Ide, checking the properties of the LRS and the properties of the Feature class, i was pulling my hair because the visual information from ArcGIS pro was correct, but the information from the script was not.

After making a double check in the documentation, i found here, that i can get the lrs metadata using the arcpy.Describe method.

import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET
import arcpy
import os

arcpy.env.workspace = r""
arcpy.env.workspace = r"U:\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\UPDM2018\LIN0228\UPDM2018_DataOwner.sde"

def is_table_in_LRS(tablename):
    desc = arcpy.Describe(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace, "UPDM2018.Dataowner.P_Integrity\\UPDM2018.Dataowner.ALRS"))

xml = desc.lrsMetadata

root = ET.fromstring(xml)
    event_tables = [elem.get('TableName') for elem in root.iter('EventTable')]
    print(event_tables)
    return tablename in event_tables

res = is_table_in_LRS("P_DASurveyReadings")
print(res)

ok, that is good.

I want to know, where it is stored? can i get rid of the LRS_METADATA table? I would like to make this script but in SQL, where should i look for the REAL Lrs metadata?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cristian_Galindo

The information that is required was moved to the GDB_ITEMS table, it can be fetched with a cursor:

identifier = None
with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace,"sde.GDB_ITEMTYPES"), ['UUID'], where_clause="Name = 'Location Referencing Dataset'") as type_items_cursor:
        for type_object in type_items_cursor:
            identifier = type_object[0]
del type_items_cursor

lrs_path = None
with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace,"sde.GDB_ITEMS"), ['Path'], where_clause=f"Type = '{identifier}'") as items_cursor:
        for item in items_cursor:
            lrs_path = item[0]
del items_cursor
print(lrs_path)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cristian_Galindo

Moreover, I just change the name of the LRS......the name was not changed in the LRS_Metadata table......so.....programmatically speaking......how i am going to be able to retrieve the name of the LRS, in order to apply the script above??

[EDIT 1] I tried with ListDatasets..... no luck

0 Kudos
Cristian_Galindo

The information that is required was moved to the GDB_ITEMS table, it can be fetched with a cursor:

identifier = None
with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace,"sde.GDB_ITEMTYPES"), ['UUID'], where_clause="Name = 'Location Referencing Dataset'") as type_items_cursor:
        for type_object in type_items_cursor:
            identifier = type_object[0]
del type_items_cursor

lrs_path = None
with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace,"sde.GDB_ITEMS"), ['Path'], where_clause=f"Type = '{identifier}'") as items_cursor:
        for item in items_cursor:
            lrs_path = item[0]
del items_cursor
print(lrs_path)

0 Kudos