Select to view content in your preferred language

Local Server Taken Offline - Issue with Pro Projects Still Linking to It Issue.

09-26-2023 08:00 AM
Labels (1)
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

We have moved our local servers recently to a cloud based server and finally we have taken down the old local server.  We have now run into issues with some Pro Projects unable to open in a timely fashion which we believe still have links to that old server.

I found an older post that has helped some with ArcGIS Online maps https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/old-server-hosted-file-stuck/m-p/365663, however ours are local ArcGIS Pro projects and not online.

Is there any other way to fix broken links at all without waiting for hours for these projects to open up?  I was expecting if there were any old links pointing to the old server, Pro would still open these projects up normally and just show the broken link icon on the layers that are broken, but unfortunatly, it's taking 4 or so hours to open some of them.

The other option would be to see if IT is even able to restore the old server if it's not too late, but that may not be an option now...

Thanks

2 Replies
PeteJordan

Update:  IT was able to make it seem like the old server still exists somehow and that solved the issue.  I'm still curious why ArcGIS Pro would stall out like it did with a missing server connection for layers as it did, compared to how it treats missing layer locations that are located on the current active server. 

I would think ArcGIS Pro would time out after a few seconds of not finding a link to a layer and just mark it with  a red ! as it does normally with missing layer connections.  Not sure why it takes hours to open up a project if the link is broken and just pointed to another non-existant server?

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
0 Kudos