Select to view content in your preferred language

Linking Survey123 Table to Feature Class for Count Calculation

3 weeks ago
DillonShea
New Contributor

Hello, this might be more of an ArcPro question but deals with survey results. I am pretty new to this so the answer may be simple, but I am unsure on where to go from here.

I have a repeat section in my survey that deals with trail segments that were patrolled/hiked in our workgroup. This repeat section comes into Arcpro as a table since it doesn't have any geospatial component when recording in the field.

Ultimately, I want to use a separate shapefile that I have created with the trail segments as line features and count the frequency/total count that each segment was hiked and symbolize it accordingly as surveys are submitted.

I assume that I will need to link the table and the feature class somehow (Spatial Relate?) and then add a field calculation to account for the count of each segment. As of now, I do have a field in the feature class that matches the code of the trail segment found in the repeat table. Ideally this would update every time that a new survey is submitted.

Any tips, tricks or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I moved this to ArcPro since you should get better help there for this specific question.