Licensing (of extensions) in ArcGIS Pro

02-28-2017 04:06 AM
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

Since ArcGIS Pro is 'free' in the sence that it comes basically with ArcGIS I was wondering why non of the extensions we hace licensed are available in ArcGIS Pro.

We are using 'Advanced (ArcInfo) Concurrent Use' licenses in ArcGIS 10.5 and more than 10 extensions included, where all of them are marked as permanent.

Looking at the licensing level within ArcGIS Pro I am at 'Advanced' level. However, when adding our license server into the 'License Manager' field non of the extensions listed in the refreshed list is available. Quiting the licensing dialog in ArcGIS Pro with [OK] returns a message box saying: 'An ArcGIS Pro Advanced concurrent use is not authorized.'

Is my assumption correct, that there is the possibility of creating a cocurrent us license for ArcGIS Pro Advanced where all the extensions can be activated, and these settings are missing in our current concurrent licens file?

Bests Thomas

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Which method did you use to license ArcGIS Pro? The same method will be followed to license its extensions.

e.g. If you have configured the license from ArcGIS Online, you will get the available extensions as well.

Manage Licenses - ArcGIS Online

Think Location
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

Okay, so it is as I tought and the extensions are not assigned to the 'Selected Member' list or the individual licens. I will talk with our administrator then.

Thanks a lot!

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You may want to have them look at converting some or all to concurrent use...that way you can use them the same as you would with Desktop....as long as they remain on maintenance.  Have them start with

How To: Get started with ArcGIS Pro using concurrent or single-use licenses   (tech support article)

Concurrent Use licenses—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop   (help)

We did a mixed mode, that is, I transferred some core and extensions over to the concurrent use license manager and left some connected to Pro (for the convenience of access outside our firewall), however, we haven't really embraced Pro yet, so I don't have much to report.