Select to view content in your preferred language

Legend - Only show features in current extent

Jump to solution
11-04-2014 07:44 AM
JoshuaYoung
New Contributor III

I imported a MXD into an ArcGIS Pro project and everything came over including the legend. However, the legend now shows all the features in the map. There are too many features in the map to show them all in the legend at one time, which is why I am trying to find the setting to only show the features in the current extent. I cannot find this setting, did it make it into ArcGIS Pro?

22 Replies
SarahBenson
New Contributor

I have version 3.1.0 arc Pro and do not get this option for 

Only show features in current extent - Is there a function to disable it or other legend functions that render it unusable. I am using templates that someone else had created and unsure of everything they may have done to create them. 

SarahBenson_0-1700525269437.png

0 Kudos
arick
by
New Contributor

Not sure if you resolved this or not, but I just ran into this same issue in 3.2.1. I just wanted to share what I found. For some reason, "Feature Display Options" only appear for certain types of data that are symbolized a certain way. For example, I had some data symbolized as Proportional Symbols in my map, and for that symbology type "Feature Display Options" would not appear under the legend item.  When I selected points that were symbolized with Unique Values the "Feature Display Options" would appear. The resulting limitation (that #Esri needs to figure out) is that if you have all of your legend items selected, and the "Feature Display Options" are not available for one of them, then the "Feature Display Options" don't show up at all. This appears to also be true for other dynamic options they have added to the Legend items.

0 Kudos
JWeiss_AP
New Contributor

If you select options one by one in the Legend layout item, you will be able to see which layers do not permit showing features visible in the map extent only. In the project I am working on, all feature layers work, however Vector Tile Service and WMS Service layers do not, which makes sense.

0 Kudos