Legend (Only show classes from this heading)

Jump to solution
11-05-2019 12:57 PM
JoshB
by
New Contributor II

I searched through the forums and significant online searches to find an answer to this with no success.

I am running ArcPro version 2.4.0

What I want to do is simple. I want to display only items under a certain heading of a layer, that is symbolized using unique values, within the legend. 

Example: In ArcMap 10.7 I can go into the Layer Properties, "Symbology", right click the value i want and select "Move to Heading" and assign it to a new heading. I then go into the "Legend Item Properties" dialog box and there is an option to "Only show classes from this heading".

For this example, I want to take a series of right of way lines and display them in the legend in two categories "New" and "Existing". There are more than one value that represents these categories and i just want the legend to display two of the categories that i have assigned to new headings ("groups" in ArcPro).

I could do this easily in ArcMap by using the above method and adding one representative value for each category to a new heading and only showing that heading in the legend. 

I cannot seem to find this option in ArcPro. I am able to assign the values to a "New Group" but have not been able to find a way to display only that group in the legend.

I know there are other, more tedious, methods to get this result (e.g. dissolve the values, turn the legend into a graphic and remove the unwanted layer references, etc.) but i am hoping this feature is still available in Pro and i just cant find it.

Thanks for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh, 

Unfortunately, this legend option is currently not supported in ArcGIS Pro. There is an existing issue for this: ENH-000105494.

Tom

View solution in original post

15 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh, 

Unfortunately, this legend option is currently not supported in ArcGIS Pro. There is an existing issue for this: ENH-000105494.

Tom

JoshB
by
New Contributor II

That's what I figured, thank you Tom.

0 Kudos
gis_rosie
New Contributor III

Hi Tom  - do you know if this functionality ever got added? I couldn't find any info/updates on that enhancement. My guess is that it's still not possible, but I'd love to be proven wrong. This would be super useful to have!

HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @TomBole - do you know if this functionality ever got added?  I can't see a way to search for the issue number you gave within the forums.

Many thanks, 

Helen

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Helen, 

Adding this functionality to the Pro Legend is still on the "to do" list. We may get to it in the next year.

You should be able to search the bug number - ENH-000105494 - at the support page. Unfortunately, when I tried I did not get a result.  I'll follow up to see what might be wrong with the search. 

Tom

HelenCooper
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. It was super helpful functionality so if it’s possible to upvote it in any way that would be great!

Thanks again,

Helen
0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Helen, 

Unfortunately, enhancement requests are not available to the search engine. I'm unaware of any specific idea available to vote on, however, you could contact support and add your name to ENH-000105494 if you wish to add weight to the importance of the issue. 

Thanks,

Tom

HelenCooper

Thanks @TomBole, I'll do that. 

Thanks again for your help, 

Helen

0 Kudos
IlkaIllers1

Hi Tom, 

I haven't been able to find it under the bug number listed above, did you find out what happened there? Any updates on this? Our team is slowly migrating to Pro and lamenting this missing feature since almost all legends have to be rebuild.

Thanks

Ilka

0 Kudos