Select to view content in your preferred language

Legend is replicating layers

05-23-2024 10:53 AM
ChristineParkerILSR
New Contributor II

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 (updated) on Windows 11. I'm working on some layouts and thought I was going crazy, but for some reason the legend is adding random copies of layers displayed in the map frame. These extra copies don't exist in the map...so it feels like a bug. I've already tried deleting the legend and creating a new one and it's happening again. I've restarted computer/Arc. I have layer visibility turned off in the legend settings. Some of the layers can be toggled off, but some I have to right-click > remove, and then several items will disappear from the legend. 

I've included screenshots of the legend panel, the map frame panel, and what the legend looks like. This is driving me nuts and I feel like this started after the recent update...

Tags (3)
21 Replies
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for sharing this good news, Tom!

- Holly
0 Kudos
EPCGIS
by
New Contributor II

This has been happening to me as well for the past few months or so.  I just want to state it is not on just shapefiles but for GDB Feature Classes as well.  Sounds like there is a fix coming but wanted to make sure it was known that this legend replication bug seems to be related to any type of layer added to the Legend for a Layout map which happens to be in an ArcGIS Pro Project with additional Layout maps accessing the same layers. 

0 Kudos