Legend in ArcPro Animation

08-24-2021 03:33 PM
MatthewSimon
New Contributor II

Running ArcPro 2.8.1 and I'm trying to create an animation with a legend that updates. I've got the animation set up in the Map then I have the legend set up properly in the Layout but it doesn't look like I can export a movie from the layout. I'm sure I'm missing something....I can see the animation timeline and preview the movie using the Animation Timeline but when I choose Export from the Export Movie window nothing happens. Can you only export a movie from a Map View?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew, 

You're not missing something, animations cannot be exporting from the Layout View. Layout Views are designed and meant for the printed page. Though ArcGIS Pro animation does not have "legend" capabilities it does have "overlay" capabilities. Perhaps you may be able to use an animation overlay to convey the information you want to your audience. 

Hope this helps,

Tom

MatthewSimon
New Contributor II

Thanks for verifying that Tom. I ended up doing screen grabs of the legend and then inserting them as images and that seemed to work pretty well.  Just an extra step but not too cumbersome. 

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad you found a workaround!

0 Kudos