Layout When Joining Two Tables to a Shapefile

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 09:35 AM
sarab
by
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the functionality of table join.

If I have a shapefile (United States - Counties) and I joined two tables (Population Density and Income per Capita) how do I show both tables?

Let me better explain. I have used the Quantity-Graduate Color for the Population Density. How do I do the same, by using Quantity-Dot Density, for Income per Capita? If I change the selection in the drop down menu and I change from Population Density to Income per Capita, and I select Quantity-Dot Density, then the first (Population Density via Quantity-Graduate Color) disappears.

How do I create a final visualization with the shapefile as a basis and the counties colored showing population density and filled out with dots for income per capita?

Thanks you so much!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Is it a single layer in your Map View or two layers?  If only one layer, you could copy/paste the layer so it's two layers in the Map View - then do your two symbolization techniques.  Another workaround is have one Map View for Graduated Color for Pop Density and one Map View for Income per Capita Dot Density.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

make a copy of the shapefile... join only 1 table to it

join the other table to the original shapefile

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Is it a single layer in your Map View or two layers?  If only one layer, you could copy/paste the layer so it's two layers in the Map View - then do your two symbolization techniques.  Another workaround is have one Map View for Graduated Color for Pop Density and one Map View for Income per Capita Dot Density.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

make a copy of the shapefile... join only 1 table to it

join the other table to the original shapefile

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
sarab
by
New Contributor II

Thank you @Robert_LeClair and @DanPatterson for your answers! I was able to create the intended final visualization, I appreciate!

0 Kudos