Layout legend within program does not match legend in export

Jump to solution
07-02-2021 11:19 AM
nmarieh
New Contributor II

Hi! 

I'm having a bit of trouble with my layout legends, where certain labels and headers that I removed return upon export. I've attached a screenshot from within the ArcGIS Pro interface and the exported layout. I don't want "Layout4" or "Value" to show up in my legend.

This has been a problem for me for awhile, and I saw it was identified as a bug about a year ago, but I wondered if there were any updates since then? I'm running v2.6 and don't have the admin privileges necessary to update.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi nmarieh, 

I did a quick test on 2.6  using a file geodabase feature class of US States. The layer uses a unique value renderer and is part of a group layer. As you can see from the screenshot below all text elements of this legend item are checked on.  

Screenshot.png

The export result matches what I see in the layout.  Now lets turn off all the text except for the labels.

Screenshot1.png

When I export I get what I see in the layout. With the current information I have I am unable to repro the problem you are reporting.

There could be something specific with your data that is causing the problem. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi nmarieh, 

I did a quick test on 2.6  using a file geodabase feature class of US States. The layer uses a unique value renderer and is part of a group layer. As you can see from the screenshot below all text elements of this legend item are checked on.  

Screenshot.png

The export result matches what I see in the layout.  Now lets turn off all the text except for the labels.

Screenshot1.png

When I export I get what I see in the layout. With the current information I have I am unable to repro the problem you are reporting.

There could be something specific with your data that is causing the problem. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos
nmarieh
New Contributor II

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the help! I think I've got it working now—I didn't realize you had to have certain layers already activated in order to check and uncheck those boxes.

0 Kudos