Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer update hosted on the Portal and stored in Oracle Bank. ArcGIS Enterprises

a month ago
Labels (3)
Pedrovoliveira
New Contributor III

Dear community members,

I have a layer that is shared on the ArcGIS Portal. This layer is used in offline applications, such as Field Maps. In the Oracle database, it is hosted in a FeatureDataSet with Global ID and Archiving options enabled.

This layer needs to be updated daily, and this update occurs through a script that updates another layer, which in turn updates the layer hosted on the Portal. I would like to receive tips on how to perform this update efficiently.

One approach I considered was using the Truncate and Append operations. However, since only one of the layers (the Portal layer) has a Global ID, the Append process is resulting in errors. We have tried using the Feature Class to Feature Class, Export Feature, and Feature to Geodatabase tools, but since we are dealing with layers stored in a database, errors occur during execution, altering the layer's directory.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Pedrovoliveira,

If there is a common attribute between the two layers, you could execute the Append using these fields for the Update Options:

JakeSkinner_0-1720706770302.png

This will update existing records, and create new records.  Therefore, it will not affect the existing GlobalIDs.  However, one thing this will not do is delete features from the Portal layer that have been deleted from the source.  Additional analysis would need to be done for this.

0 Kudos