Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer to KML/KMZ

11-17-2023 07:10 AM
JeffEdgar
New Contributor

Hello, I'm attempting to export a layer to KML (really a KMZ). The export works fine but when I upload the KMZ into Google, one of the polygons in the layer is....not really missing, but inverted in shape. It only shows the outline of the negative space that was in the layer

I've included a screenshot comparison. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2023-11-17_09-07-35.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor II

This is a total guess... Try running the Repair Geometry tool on the SHP. Re-Generate the KMZ and then look at it.

0 Kudos
JeffEdgar
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. The good news is that it did find errors, the bad news is that it didn't fix the problem. I got real excited there.

0 Kudos
JeffEdgar
New Contributor

So another power user suggested repair as well. I even isolated the polygon from the feature class and attempted repairs to no avail. It's not my file, but I may have to figure out how to redraw the polygon

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I haven't experienced what you're showing but I'll throw out aRandom suggestion- convert the shapefile to a File GeoDB feature class and then try the export tool on the FileGeoDB FC. Just something to try

0 Kudos
JeffEdgar
New Contributor

Thanks!  I'm a pretty limited user. If you are able to, let me know which conversion tool that is. I fiddled around with To Geodatabase --> Export Features and that didn't do it.

0 Kudos