Large Format Map ArcGIS Pro Problems Exporting

11-02-2023 08:44 AM
StephanieShaw1
New Contributor III

I am having trouble exporting (Share >export layout) a 120" x120" map that contains imagery . It will be sent to a tent company that will print it out as a 10 ft x 10 ft graphic to be used as an event banner. I print 36" x 48" maps all of the time and realize ArcGIS Pro map exported as PDF can be finicky. The first time I exported (and yes it took a long time) my file size was 360 MB but all of the labels didn't show up. The 2nd time the file size was 607 MB (I let it run all night, since I was about to get off work) but it wouldn't open in adobe I get an error. I also tried to export as a layout (tiled oversized but the *.prn was 0 kb in size...so I guess this didn't work. I have closed Pro and reopened. I have shut down my PC and reopened. None of the tricks I use for printing 36"x48" maps are working with this 120"x120".

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you share the parameters you are using for the export? The parameters make a big difference in file size and export quality, adjusting them may help it export successfully.

Also what version of Pro are you using? That can be helpful info, as exporting is constantly getting updated to improve export times and quality.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos