Select to view content in your preferred language

Labels not visible

3 weeks ago
LesleySneddon
New Contributor

I have not had difficulties labeling before, but now I can't get my label (or the symbol) to show up on the map. I right-clicked on the feature class and checked label. Nothing happens. I selected the row and tried to flash the symbol but that didn't work - It doesn't seem to have mapped at all, even though the field I want to label has the correct content. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure that the layer of interest is displayed in the Map view by first right clicking on it in the Contents pane --> click BarryNorthey_0-1721253192894.png. If it doesn't appear, there are likely other issues.

0 Kudos
LesleySneddon
New Contributor
Hello - there most likely some other issue because I deleted the file (not
much in it so far) and it worked. I aopreciate your response!
Lesley
0 Kudos
Dan_DMR
New Contributor III

My first thought is that the data might not have a coordinate system yet? Try projecting it?

Are you having trouble with labels or symbology? not clear from your post

0 Kudos
LesleySneddon
New Contributor

Thanks so much for your quick response. I do have the file projected. what I meant was that the point I tried to add to the map does not show up at all, neither its symbol or the label. But the row is in the attribute table. When I click to select it, nothing shows up. There's almost nothing in the file at this point, so I might just scratch it and try again. If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks much.

Lesley

0 Kudos