Select to view content in your preferred language

Labeling 3D Map Layouts

09-06-2023 03:44 PM
AndreaHolton
New Contributor

Hi there, 

I'm having a hard time finding any resources on these things. Any advice would be super helpful! I'm a long term ArcMap user learning the ins and outs of ArcPro (or at least I'm trying) so my knowledge of ArcPro is very limited. 

1. So when adding graphics to a map, you can either add it on top of the map frame, or inside the map frame (the label becomes anchored to a geographic point and even if you pan your extent around, the label stays with feature it is anchored to). In the 3D map, is it possible to place labels within a graphic layer inside of the map frame? 

2. When I export a map from ArcMap, I can export it directly to an .ai file. Inside Adobe Illustrator I am able to see the different vector files and I can manipulate them within AI (delete buildings, change colors of polygons, etc.). When a 3D map is exported into an .aix file (we purchased the AI GIS extension), the map layer is considered a solid image and the vector data layers are not editable. Is there any work around for this or does all editing on a 3D Local Scene have to be done within ArcPro? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies