Keep Geodatabase Aliases When Exporting Feature Layer

01-10-2022 08:52 AM
KathleenHopkins
New Contributor

I am working with the ACS geodatabase.  I have already completed the script to bulk assign aliases to column names for each table in the database, so I would like to keep these aliases for any feature layers that I create in ArcGIS.  When I join each table to the polygon feature layer, I have no problem.  However, in order to save this feature layer for use in other projects, I need to export the layer.  Any way I have tried to export the feature layer has not supported the database aliases.

Any ideas on how to make these layers available for use in other projects while keeping the column name aliases? 

I could simply create new joins in each new project, but the idea of this was to have easily accessible layers/shapefiles that could be pulled in to any new project and ready to use.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

related? If so, check the solution

Solved: ArcGIS Pro: How to bulk change Aliases in Geodatab... - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
KathleenHopkins
New Contributor

Related in a way, yes.  But I have already changed all of the aliases using a python script outside the ArcGIS pro application.  Using the tool inside of ArcGIS was unbelievably slow.  I would like to be able to keep the aliases now with exporting the layer.