Select to view content in your preferred language

join field attributes doesn't work (doesn't show features)

Jump to solution
Friday
Labels (3)
HR
by
New Contributor

When I join fields (water lines) to a table, the water lines don't show on the map, in the new table. Is there anything that I'm missing?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lee_Butler
New Contributor III

If you use the Join Fields tool to join the water lines attributes to a table the result will be a table that wont have spatial features associated with it. 

If you want to retain the water lines, try using the Join Features tool instead to join the table values to the water lines features.  The water lines will be your target feature and the table will be the Join layer.  Set the field you want the join to be based on in the attribute relationship section. e.g.

Lee_Butler_1-1721387472935.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lee_Butler
New Contributor III

If you use the Join Fields tool to join the water lines attributes to a table the result will be a table that wont have spatial features associated with it. 

If you want to retain the water lines, try using the Join Features tool instead to join the table values to the water lines features.  The water lines will be your target feature and the table will be the Join layer.  Set the field you want the join to be based on in the attribute relationship section. e.g.

Lee_Butler_1-1721387472935.png

HR
by
New Contributor

thanks! it solved my question!