Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues with the Neighbourhood Distance when running Emerging Hotspot Analysis

01-18-2024 12:51 AM
Labels (2)
GeorgeMinnis
New Contributor

I am trying to run emerging hotspot analysis on ArcPro. I have a data set containing around 100,000 rows, spanning almost 7 years. I run this same analysis at this time for the last 3 or 4 years with the same data set (although each year there is an extra year of data).

I always using the same settings for creating a cube and running the emerging hotspot analysis. However, this year when I try and enter 50m as the Neighbourhood Distance I get a warning saying the default distance is 30km. Even if I type 50m in and run the analysis I can see looking at the analysis details that it has run using 30km. Any help would be much appreciated. Screenshot of error message below:  

GeorgeMinnis_0-1705567811297.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GeorgeMinnis
New Contributor

Just to add, I'm also getting this error message now: 

'110019: The Neighborhood Distance must be larger than the Distance Interval ... setting the Neighborhood Distance to the default distance'

Apparently the neighbourhood distance needs to be larger than the distance interval which was never the case in the past when I've run this

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

110019: The Neighborhood Distance must be larger than the Distance Interval ... setting the Neighbor...

It seems that some calculations are required.

Did you close and reopen the tool to refresh it between runs?

If this happens on the first run, does the calculations occur for the required values?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos