Issues with ArcGIS Pro publishing image service to ArcGIS Server

03-10-2022 10:51 PM
samwise
New Contributor

I'm using AGP 2.9.2. and AGS 10.9.1 as a standalone server, AGP and AGS on the same machine. AGS has advanced as well as image server licenses installed.

When I try to publish a mosaic dataset (created in ArcGIS Pro) as an Image Service, I have the following problem: I can publish the service to the server – however, the service does not start. When I then try to start it manually in ArcGIS Manager, I receive an error “Service failed to start [service- and server name] Service containing process crashed for [service name]”. An error report file is being generated, which I sent to Esri. The mosaic dataset contains about 800 raster (tif).

Interestingly, when I create the mosaic dataset with ArcMap 10.8.2 (again on the same machine) and publish it from ArcMap 10.8.2 to AGS 10.9.1 as an image service, no problems at all. The service is running and accessible in ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.

The same is true for an image service, which I first published in ArcMap 10.5.1 to AGS 10.5.1 some years ago, now migrated the service directly to AGS 10.9.1 and it is running without any issues.

Has anyone had similar experiences with publishing image services from AGP to AGS? Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thanks for hints!

1 Reply
EmilioTomeBlasco
New Contributor II
HI! I have the same problem when publishing services (with shared instances and with dedicated instances) from ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 in an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. The error occurs from the last update from ArcGIS Pro 2.8.0 to 2.9.3

The error log says this:
"Instance of the service 'System/RasterRendering.ImageServer' crashed"

With ArcMap if we manage to publish the services (only with dedicated instances obviously), but it doesn't let us later change in the admin 'changeProvider' from ArcObjects to ArcObjectsRasterRendering (shared) or ArcObjects11 (dedicated). We get the same error.
Does anyone have any idea why it might be?
Thanks
0 Kudos