Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues viewing data

09-02-2015 12:22 PM
JennGross1
Deactivated User

I downloaded the trial version of ArcGIS Pro to see how it works with SQL. We have all our data stored in SQL, so I really need it to be able to work with SQL if I'm to look into ESRI products further.

I was able to connect to the database. I got the layers to show in the Project pane. But when I try to add the layers to the map they don't show up and nothing works. And as I keep trying it inevitably crashes.

I've been told that it doesn't like when there's database names in front of the layers. Is there any kind of work around or something that can be done to make using SQL data a little more stable? I've never had an issue connecting to our data using AutoCAD, Manifold or anything else so not sure why its causing a problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you be more specific about your situation?  What version of ArcGIS Pro?  What version of SQL Server?  What database client and version?  Are you connecting to an ArcSDE geodatabase or SQL Server data that isn't in a geodatabase?

0 Kudos
JennGross1
Deactivated User

Its ArcGIS Pro 1.1.0, I’m pretty sure on our server we’re running SQL Server 2012 but it might be 2008, and I’m trying to connect directly to SQL Server data that’s not in a geodatabase.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Jenn,

Here is some of the documentation for making connections to SQL Server database from ArcGIS Pro;

Database connections in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

Set up a database connection—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

I tested ArcGIS Pro 1.1 and was able to see data in a SQL Server database (non-geodatabase) and in a geodatabase at version 10.3.1.

You may need to contact Esri Tech Support to look into the issue in more detail.

Make sure that you are on a supported release of SQL Server for ArcGIS Pro (SQL Server 2012 or newer)

Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS Pro 1.1—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

Hope this help!

-George

GeodatabaseEnterprise GIS

--- George T.