Issue entering symbology upper values

12-07-2017 10:17 AM
DanielMatranga1
New Contributor III

Steve Lynch

When I want to manually specify the Upper Values when symbolizing a layer using the Manual method, I have to enter the Upper Values twice.

Additionally, when I hit the Tab key to tab to the next field, the application focus switches to the map, and I have to then use the mouse to click into the next field, instead of being able to easily tab between Upper Value fields.

Can we please see this fixed soon? It has been like this since version 1.0 and is starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Daniel

Sorry about this.

We have logged an issue and it'll be looked at post ArcGIS Pro 2.1

-Steve

0 Kudos
DanielMatranga1
New Contributor III

Thanks Steve.

Do you happen to know if there's any way to interact with symbology for Geostatistical Analyst layers via ArcPy? 

I have about 12 of these layers to make, and it would be great to script the symbology part.

In trying to run the Import Symbology tool and apply it to the Geostat Analyst layer, I receive an error. Tried searching around but couldn't find much on geoprocessing for the symbology part of the Geostat Analyst layers.

0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Geostatistical layers have very limited symbology options, as they are not really intended for display purposes.  They are designed for quick analysis, visualization, and validation.  But in a geostatistical workflow, you should nearly always export these layers to raster or feature for actual display purposes.   The raster can symbolize at a fine scale (rather than a course grid that is used for geostatistical layers), and it can build its symbology based on its histogram (the geostatistical layer, on the other hand, cannot calculate a histogram for itself).  We very strongly recommend to perform symbology with a raster rather than a geostatistical layer.

Also, the GA Layer to Contour tool can export your geostatistical layer to a polygon feature class that will look visually identical to the geostatistical layer.  This tool has a classification value table where you can easily specify manual breaks.  It can also be automated with Python.

0 Kudos