Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there any way to reload Pro Add-in without exiting ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
a month ago
tamasoz
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I wonder how to reload add-ins in ArcGIS Pro without exiting and restarting the application.

The reason of me asking this is because I need to develop a few add-ins and I realized when I rebuild the solution in Visual Studio it actually executes the RegisterAddIn.exe executable - but there are no changes occurring in the add-in unless I restart Pro.

I was looking into the documentations, but I couldn't find any answers yet. Regarding the UI update during development, I am aware that there is something called XAML Hot reload in WPF/UWP that I successfully used before in a non-ArcGIS Pro-based development when I changed some XAML elements - in such case there were no need to restart the running debugging session, changes just showed up upon saving the new XAML. This is mainly for XAML changes only though, as far as I recall code changes not always propagate this way.

Still - I was not able to configure that in VS 2022 and the XAML hot reload stays disabled - I checked all settings as per Microsoft recommendation but no luck.

Dealing with Light and Dark Themes in WPF Windows - @Wolf in this article points out that the XAML reload can actually work.

At this stage I am trying to build up a development routine pathway, which somehow reduces the number of load-in/load-out of ArcGIS Pro during debugging.

Any help, pointers to doco's, etc will be very much appreciated.

Tamas

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Manage add-ins—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

step 4  If ArcGIS Pro is open, exit and restart the application.

check other sections there as well

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Manage add-ins—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

step 4  If ArcGIS Pro is open, exit and restart the application.

check other sections there as well

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
tamasoz
New Contributor II

Thank you - so it seems there is always a need for an exit-restart if I want to see changes made in a deployed add-in.

Cheers

0 Kudos