Is there a ground to grid correction tool

10-10-2018 08:43 AM
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

I am editing in ArcPRO and I want to apply a ground to grid correction to an arcs feature class.  I am able to do this function in ArcMap with the Ground to Grid Correction tool, but I have yet to find the appropriate buzz words in Help to find this tool in ArcPRO.  Also, is there a COGO report tool in ArcPRO like there is in ArcMap?  I'd rather not have to open up ArcMap to run these tools.

A jpg identifying the tools in question is attached.

Thanks,

Margaret

14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

is it part of a cogo-enabled operation

Enable COGO—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan. I do the  COGO Traverse after I use the ground to grid correction; tool in ArcMap.  I have attached the Gis Desktop Help Descrition of the tools I use to apply the ground\-to-grid ratio to my GOCO traverse.    It will adjust the a survey'd Plat's ground direction and distance to a grid (projected) direction and distance.

I appreciate your link, but I could not find my answer in that description and all other related links to that page.

0 Kudos
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

Here is the link describing the ground to grid correction for ArcMap.

I need to be able to do this for ArcPRO

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/creating-new-features/about-applying-a-ground-t...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Margaret, I can't find anything equivalent so the functionality may have been moved elsewhere or doesn't exist yet

0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin1
New Contributor II

I'm glad that you're asking this question. I'm wondering whether ArcGIS Pro 2.2 even has an equivalent to the Ground to Grid Correction setting that is available in the ArcGIS Desktop Editing Options dialog:

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

The ability to apply Ground to Grid corrections will become available soon, with the release of ArcGIS Pro 2.3.

-Tim

0 Kudos
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

EXCELLENT...I have had to build in ArcMAP if I did not have a CAD to georef for a plat.

Thanks,

Margaret

0 Kudos
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

I also need the complete COGO Suite of tools that are in ArcMAP

- COGO Report, Traverse Tools, etc.

MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

Hi...I installed the ArcPRO 2.3 and used the Ground to Grid tool.  Great, and happy to see that that function is also included in the HELP menu.  

My only problem, which is a real problem for me, is when I apply the enter ground line and digitize the grid line option, my pointer will not snap to my ground control points.  I have engaged the snapping tool in the edit ribbon and also the list of snapping function in the Contents menu.  Was this overlooked or am I missing an action I need to engage?

Thanks,

Margaret